To learn more please contact Manpower Altamonte Springs at (407) 774-4242 or contact by email: email@example.com.
An effective Summer Career Development Specialist must have a high level of professionalism and is a strong advocate for Young Adults and Businesses with a sincere desire to help them grow.
The role requires excellent customer service, knowledge of career and employment resources, accurate data entry, and workforce development programs. This position will require regional travel that can be expensed.
PAY: $17.00 - $20.00/hr (DOE)
Essential Functions include:
- Responsible for consulting employers and developing worksite agreements for the 2019 Summer Career programs
- Develops and maintains excellent business relationships by contacting clients in person, telephoning, emailing, mailing, and cold calling, to either set up initial meetings to describe the client’s Summer Career programs.
- Prepares and maintains agreements, files, scans, and enters data related to the employers contacted in the course of work. Maintains agreements and files according to established quality, and compliance standards
- Assists career-seekers ages 16-24 by providing superior customer service, case management, career, and employment services.
- Provides guidance and counseling to participating youth.
- Demonstrates extraordinary attention to detail and compliance with case management documentation and data entry.
- Makes presentations on behalf of the client to promote the Summer Career programs and prepares youth for work experience opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree from an *accredited institution in business administration, management or related discipline; supplemented by two (2) years’ administrative experience at the executive level; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience. Minimum qualifications for combination:
- High School Diploma or GED combined with at least six (6) years in workforce or related experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent coursework from an accredited institution in a related field combined with at least four (4) years in workforce or related experience.
- Can Pass a Level 2 background
- Advanced degree in a related area from an accredited institution; Tier 2 Certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of career and employment services
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, and Excel) and Internet applications
- Skill in time management and work organization
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and understand oral and written communications, including common journals, laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to relate to and communicate with a diverse population
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure that deadlines are met
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to coordinate with internal and external partners in service delivery
- Ability to meet or exceed established performance goals and monitoring standards
- Ability to listen keenly and use critical thinking
- Ability to operate general office equipment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively in English orally and in writing
- Demonstrates professional appearance and attitude as defined by CareerSource Central Florida guidance and policies
- Models CareerSource Central Florida’s core values
Tasks involve regular travel and applicants should possess reliable transportation. The client will provide reimbursement for business-related travel.