2015 Small Business Award Winners Named
Sanford-based Next Horizon Named Small Business of the Year
Lake Mary, Fla. (May 14, 2015) - The Seminole County Regional of Chamber of Commerce recognized 11 companies and individuals as Small Businesses of the Year at its annual Small Business Celebration and Awards event on Thursday evening.
The winners were chosen from nearly three dozen nominees and were based on their business accomplishments, their impact on the Seminole County economy and their community involvement.
"Every year, the nominations continue to be stronger and stronger and this year’s group included many companies who were deserving to win," says Jason Brodeur, president & CEO, Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce. “This group’s winners represent a great cross section of Seminole County’s diverse business community and showcase all the fantastic companies in our county.”
The award winners are:
The Small Business of the Year award was given to one of the category winners with the highest cumulative score.
“For 30 years, we’ve worked hard to establish Next Horizon as a centerpiece to the Seminole County economy providing great service and staying ahead of the technology curve,” says Harry Ellis III, president, Next Horizon. “It’s a great honor to be a part of Seminole County and to be recognized in this fashion.”
Contact: Alan Byrd, Alan Byrd & Associates, 407-415-8470, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Small Business of the Year: Next Horizon
- Legacy Award: Andria Herr, president, Hylant Orlando
- Professional Services Business of the Year: Vose Law Firm
- B2C Business of the Year: Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Woman- or Minority-owned Business of the Year: Seminole County Life Magazines
- Technology Business of the Year: Next Horizon
- Non-profit Business of the Year: The Sharing Center
- New Business of the Year: Quality by Design Landscaping
- Health Care Business of the Year: The Grove Counseling Center
- Family-owned Business of the Year: Dunkman Painting & Wallcoverings
- General Business of the Year: BlackRain Partners
- Small Business Champion: Seminole State College Center for Economic Development