Altamonte Springs Walmart Completes Remodel
Locations in Poinciana and Winter Garden offer customers new ways to shop
ORLANDO, Fla. – Oct. 25, 2018 – Shopping is now a whole lot easier for customers at the Walmart Discount Store in Altamonte Springs at 200 S. State Road 434. From fresh paint and new flooring to the addition of self-checkouts and completely transformed departments, the Altamonte remodel is focused on creating a fast and seamless shopping experience for customers.
“We’ve really transformed the shopping experience for our customers here in Altamonte, just in time for the busy holiday season,” said Altamonte Springs Store Manager Bryan Noel. “Our customers tell us a convenient and seamless shopping experience that helps them save time is just as important as saving money. We’re excited to unveil our new and improved store with the community.”
In April, Walmart announced plans to spend an estimated $200 million in Florida over the next year expanding shopping options and empowering customers through new store construction, improvements and innovations. The Altamonte store is one of 12 stores in the Central Florida area slated to undergo a remodel this year.
Customers will enjoy the following store improvements:
A new way to shop at the Winter Garden Walmart Supercenter and the Poinciana Walmart Supercenter was recently introduced, including a Pickup Tower and Walmart’s FREE Online Grocery Pickup.
New Technology: Pickup Towers [Poinciana]
Pickup Towers are 16 feet tall and function like high-tech vending machines, capable of fulfilling a customer’s online order in less than a minute. A Tower was recently installed at the Walmart Supercenter in Poinciana at 904 Cypress Parkway, Kissimmee.
Using Pickup Tower
- State-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays that allow customers to try laptops, tablets, mobile phones and more before purchase
- Improved store navigation with new aisle location markers and the Walmart app, a new feature that helps customers find where an item is located, down to the aisle and shelf area
- Refreshed pharmacy with addition of dedicated Express lane and health services room for private consultations and immunizations
- Addition of self-checkouts, introducing a whole new convenient way for customers to shop at their local Walmart store
- Refreshed apparel department with a new fitting room and all new apparel lines (George, Time and Tru, Terra & Sky and Wonder Nation)
- Brighter lighting, new flooring and larger signage throughout for ease of navigation
- Easier to navigate: improved store flow, lower fixtures for better line of sight
New Technology: Online Grocery Pickup* [Winter Garden]
Winter Garden residents can now order Walmart groceries online and pick them up without ever having to unbuckle their seatbelts at the Supercenter at 16313 New Independence Parkway. Customers select from up to 40,000 online grocery items, diapers, dog food and more, and choose the best time to pick up. A Walmart personal shopper loads the groceries into your car when you arrive – all at no additional cost.
Walmart currently offers Grocery Pickup at more than 100 Florida locations and plans to roll-out approximately 80 new Grocery Pickup locations at area stores in the coming year.
*Walmart Online Grocery Pickup—How it works.
At Walmart, associates have access to competitive wages, affordable benefits, and the chance to build a career. More than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates.
Starting in 2015, Walmart began making a $2.7 billion investment over a two-year period in higher wages, more scheduling choices and further training for its associates. As part of increased wages across the company, the average full-time hourly associate now makes $13.94 an hour in Florida.
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 265 million customers and members visit our more than 11,200 stores under 55 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2018 revenue of $500.3 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook athttp://facebook.com/Walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Visit https://www.facebook.com/Walmart1374 for more news about your Walmart store in Altamonte Springs,,https://www.facebook.com/Walmart5250 for more news about the Walmart Supercenter in Poinciana on Cypress Parkway, andhttps://www.facebook.com/Walmart110 for more news on your Walmart Supercenter in Winter Garden.
- Simply choose from millions of items available on Walmart.com and select the “Pickup” option at checkout.
- When the item arrives at your local store, an associate loads it into the Pickup Tower and you will receive notification.
- When you arrive at the store, step up to the Pickup Tower and scan the bar code sent to your smartphone.
- You will receive your order in less than a minute.