Multiple Positions Available
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (less than 30 hours per week)
The Florida Council on Compulsive Gambling is seeking part-time HelpLine Specialists to respond to calls from those negatively impacted by problem gambling. The successful candidate will have experience in handling crisis/non-crisis calls, experience in Microsoft Office programs, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to work under pressure/meet deadlines and work independently. Strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task is also a must. This shift will be a combination of evenings, weekends, and holidays, totaling less than 30 hours per week. The HelpLine is available 24 hours a day and work schedules are offered based on organizational needs. Employees may be required to fill in for other staff and during other times, and while every attempt will be made to accommodate individual needs and preferences, there is no guarantee of preferred scheduling.
All applicants must first complete online testing and upload resume.
To get started, copy and paste the following link into browser:
Applications will only be considered upon testing completion and successful uploading of resume.
- Applicants must have prior experience handling crisis and/or non-crisis calls
- Must be personable and able to convey information both verbally and in writing through interactions with providers, clients, and the general public
- Able to follow directives, manage assignments, follow-up, and complete tasks as given by agency directors
- Compassionate attitude towards people suffering from addictions
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional appearance, attitude, and conduct
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills in word processing, email, internet searching, and spreadsheets using programs such as Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly desirable!
- Willingness/ability to handle all types of calls/problems in a non-judgmental manner, including those dealing with such potentially sensitive topics as addiction
- Minimum Education: Associate Degree (AA)
- Handle crisis help and information contacts through the 888-ADMIT-IT Helpline
- Search computer database for appropriate human service provider referrals
- Handle live chat and texts from people seeking assistance with a gambling problem
- Assist with fulfillment of material orders and keeping inventory accurate
- Collect and distribute incoming and outgoing mail as well as UPS/Fed Ex shipments
- Prepare and mail informational packets and awareness materials for helpline callers and others
- Prepare detailed logs and monthly reporting Excel spreadsheets of activities performed
- Complete mailing lists for awareness and outreach activities.
- Other duties as needed.
ABOUT THE FCCG
The Florida Council on Compulsive Gambling, Inc. (FCCG) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) educational and advocacy organization that increases public awareness regarding the risks and consequences associated with gambling, provides assistance to problem gamblers, their families and others adversely affected, and advocates for programs, services and other supports pending population-specific needs.
As the statewide clearinghouse for information, assistance and referrals, under contract with Florida state government, the FCCG operates the 24-hour confidential and multilingual Problem Gambling HelpLine, 888-ADMIT-IT, furnishes information, treatment resources, legal, financial and other supports to problem gamblers and loved ones, and provides training and related services to professionals and others who serve this population.
The FCCG is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug testing is mandatory.