We are currently looking for a Web Design Intern. This is a paid position with flexible hours, perfect for a student. Intern will play a crucial role in the development and maintenance of various Wordpress sites. Intern will apply concepts to real world problems in order to find creative ways to improve the functionality of these sites. Will be under supervision of a web developer but role will mainly be independent and requires intern to take ownership in their projects.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Proactive idea generator (we love new ideas!)
• Efficient – work smarter, not harder
• A sense of humor and naturally creative
• COMMUNICATION is key. Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and remote environment by communicating with the team
• Must be extremely resourceful with a “can-do” & “I’ll find a way” attitude
• Interest in the health and beauty industry is a plus
• Knowledge of HTML/CSS/PHP/MYSQL is a plus
• Prior experience with Wordpress or ability and interest to learn and pick up Wordpress quickly
• Ability to view data and pull key takeaways and spot trends
• SEO optimization experience is a plus
• Brainstorm on the regular: Weekly meetings with the team to discuss progress, new ideas, and new projects.
• Research, craft, and help implement strategies for best customer experience
• A variety of other tasks, if you are interested and willing to try them. Notice a project you want to be more involved in? Speak up!
Hours: 10-15 hours/week.
We will meet weekly (likely virtual meeting).
Compensation: $12 per hour.
To apply: Send resume and social media handles to email@example.com
What you’ll get:
• Real world experience and the opportunity to contribute ideas and solutions.
• Awesome letters of recommendation!
• Employment opportunities post-internship
• Oh yeah, and money!